The current situation reminds us how fragile our foundations are.
No more toilet paper in the supermarkets and we feel threatened with death!
This feeling is linked to the root chakra, an energy centre located at the base of the coccyx and which, according to Ayurveda, must be balanced in order for us to live well.
The Mulâdhârâ chakra, also called the root chakra, is the first of the 7 chakras. It represents the foundation on which the other chakras are built. Think of the house of your dreams. You wouldn’t build it on a piece of land with quicksand, right?
It is the same principle for Mulâdhârâ chakra.
This chakra, when it’s in balance, makes you feel stable, anchored in reality, serene, safe. It allows you to be healthy and prosperous.
If there is an imbalance in the root chakra, anxiety, ruminations, unfounded fears, eating disorders or nightmares can occur.
The coronavirus reminds us of the importance of building the house of our life, our inner house, on solid foundations.
Life is a subtle balance to be found between routine and adventure, between madness and reason, between ordinary and extraordinary. You can only find this balance if your root chakra is open and balanced.
Here are some very practical tips to help you achieve this:
- Yoga: Adriene has a great root chakra flow
- Music: the frequency of the sounds we listen to acts on our energy centers. Listen to a soundtrack for the root chakra here
- I’m safe.
- I am grounded.
- I am powerful, rooted and strong.
- I am stable and safe.
- I feed and care for my well-being.
- I trust everything I do.
- I am open to all possibilities.
- I believe in myself.
- I am connected to my body and soul.
- I’m connected to the universe and the Earth.
- Essential oils: Our sense of smell is the most powerful of our five senses since it’s the only one that goes directly to the cortex. For the root chakra, I recommend a mixture of Lavender, Boswella and Sweet Orange. You can order here
I hope these tips will help you feel at home, safe and confident for the rest of this special time. I am sending you loads of beautiful energy!